Easter Cake Recipe
This Easter cake, known as a Kulich, is a Russian recipe that is super tasty and looks incredibly stylish. These cakes are so tall and beautiful, they look amazing as a centre piece on you Easter table spread.
What you need :
- 2 cups + 2 Tbsp warm whole milk
- 9 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp active dry yeast
- 2 cups sugar
- ½ cup sour cream
- 250 gr/ 0.5 lbs butter melted
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 to 1½ cups chocolate chips / raisins
- Multicoloured Sprinkles
How to make :
- In a large bowl combine 2 cups + 2 tbsp warm milk, warm melted butter, ½ tsp salt, 6 eggs, 1 tbsp yeast, 2 cups sugar, ½ cup sour cream and 1 tsp vanilla.
- Add 4 cups flour to make a batter consistency of cream.
- Cover and let it rise for 2 hours.
- Add 5 cups of flour; one cup at a time
- Stir in 1 to 1½ cups of chocolate chips or raisins, candied citrus peel or nuts.
- Cover and let dough rise for 2 hours in a warm area.
- Divide dough evenly into deep baking pan that has been oiled.
- Let dough rise uncovered in a warm place for additional 2 hours.
- Bake at 350F/180C for 35-40 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from the pan and allow to cool.
- Melt while chocolate and cover top of cake.
- Decorate with multicoloured sprinkles.
An Easter cake like this is like something from a fairy tale! Its whimsical height and decoration makes it a wonderful addition to an Easter baby shower celebration. Why not serve you guests a slice of this gorgeous cake on one of these super trendy pastel paper plates?!